Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A sigh of relief...




Because this bag is in the mail on it's way to it's new owner.

This bag should have been finished 4 months ago - or maybe longer. She ordered it in February. She asked for something that was like my laptop bag - so I'm working without a pattern. I modified the way that I make my regular messenger bag, and tried a few new techniques. Some good... some not so good. There was definitely a lot of "frog sewing" (you know... rip it... rip it...) and a few curse words occasionally. There were quite a few days that I just needed to put it down and walk away... (thus the 7 month sewing project).

So... the project is modified from this tutorial here (I have made LOTS of modifications!) The yellow is a dividing pocket for papers, and there is a small zippered pocket on the inside. The outside of the bag (back) has another large pocket, and it's all well padded to protect those important computer bits!

For those of you that are wondering, the external fabric is a home decor weight from my last trip to IKEA, and the lining is the Road to Marrakech (found now in our sale section!) and some Dot to Dot Marigold.

The photos are hopefully in order, front, back and then lining. Yay, it's done!!

2 comments: