Saturday, September 17, 2011

my design wall...


and the cozy little nook I've created for myself. I'm on the night shift at the hotel again. Two nights a week we don't have staff in the hotel, and so James opens the hotel at 6:30 and sets up the continental breakfast (he does this every morning, thank you!!) we trade each other off through out the day, and then in the evening he goes to bed early and I stay up until after 11pm to do the night audit. Little does he know I secretly love it. It's so peaceful in the hotel right now. It's what I'm referring to as "renovation season" where we only have a few rooms a night and so are working on lots of upgrades to our hotel.

The point of all of this, is that I took a photo of my little nook tonight, and the new pattern I'm working on, a complete original, I'm VERY excited! I know the photo is a little blurry, but it best captured the feel of the lighting in the room. Can you see my two mascots hidden in this photo? (one is a yellow lab, the other a calico kitty)


Been very busy with the store this week, lots of drop ins, lots of on-line orders (thank you all SO MUCH!) and only 4 new boxes of fabric. Over 200lbs mind you, but only 4 boxes. Let me tell you, it's like Christmas on the days that fabric shipments arrive here. Unpacking and remembering what I ordered makes me giddy! (the number of hours I get to spend uploading fabric to the website... not so much!) I'm very excited to introduce our newest fabric selection, the Tonga Batiks We have in stock the entire line of the Island Punch colourway (I'll have them all up soon!), as well as the Tonga Treat Strips (2 1/2" strips of fabric in 20 different prints, 2 of each print) and Tonga Mini Treats (2 5" square cuts of 20 different prints of fabric. I have never sewn with batiks before, but let me tell you, I am very excited to start! (Once I have finished some VERY URGENT projects!)

We also are excited to announce we are offering FREE SHIPPING to all Canadian addresses for the month of September (and hopefully longer - we're trying to figure it all out) If you have been thinking about ordering from us, now is the time to try! It's quilting season and our fabric quality is always high and constantly being praised. See for yourself!

Did I mention we received the opportunity to be one of only 5 quilt stores in British Columbia to carry a FABULOUS line of blenders? More next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment