Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Finish!



So fantastically happy with the way this quilt turned out. I had my friend Coralee quilt it for me, and she did some funky paisley type pattern, exactly what I had hoped for, adding to the quilt another layer of fabulous funkiness.



After much discussion, I went with a green border in 4 different fabrics, 2 print and 2 Kona solids. I love this border. I also love doing my binding by machine. I love it. It's so fast and tidy, I get the whole binding done in 2 hours (from cutting to finish) and it looks fabulous.


The pattern, in case you haven't seen earlier comments in various places about this quilt, is by Elizabeth Hartman in her book, The Practical Guide to Patchwork. I've restocked this book multiple times in my store, because it's such a fabulous all round great quilting book, especially for beginners (but I use is all the time!) The fabric is Prayer Flag by April Cornell - I used 2 charm packs, 1 jelly roll and some yardage of Moda Grunge from the Max & Whiskers collection. Back is some solid Kona as well as Prayer Flag yardage. I love love love the back.


I also love how it washed up (are you getting that I'm digging this quilt?) and it has already been delivered to it's new owners (with whom I took a yoga class this evening) and promised to sleep under tonight!
Best wishes Morgan & Dinesh - may you have many years of happiness under that quilt!

1 comment: