Thursday, March 1, 2012

thursday ramblings...

Happy Thursday to you!

It was CRAZY here this week & especially today. I was working on a quilting project for someone, and I used some coffee filters to make the minky slide through the machine better (it works awesome by the way - use a SHORT stitch when you do!) I was doing loop de loops and ended up spending about 4 unplanned hours picking bits of coffee filter out from underneath my quilting stitches. f.y.i.

Ugh.

And because this project was due today at noon, I was tweezering away at the back of this quilt like a maniac. There was coffee filter fluff everywhere! Looked like a massacre had happened. Then I had to quickly make up the drapes for my friend's rental house that I have had all month to do, and only did it on the last day in the last hours before my evening meeting of Pathfinders. So naturally I was late, and then gave friend's hubby a hand hanging them in the room, which made me even more late.

Moral of the story? Plan better. Don't procrastinate so much.


Thinking about doing 2 classes over reading week, one Wednesday, one Sunday - I'm thinking placemats on one day and the layer cake quilt on the other??


To Do/UFO List:
Christmas Table Runner
12 aprons for coffee shop
24 coffee mug holders (48? - icehouse?)
finish quilting Grannie's quilt
redo borders on mom's batik to finish top
Finish Quilt as You Go Tree Skirt

1 comment:

  1. You rock! from one seamster to another :) I am bad on the procrastination too ;)

    ReplyDelete