Saturday, April 12, 2014

Presenting.... A Quilt Along! With fishskin fabric

Looking to stretch your improv sewing skills? Play with colour? Have some fun sewing?  
Just need a new project?
Join us here, every week, for step by step instructions on how you can create your own version of the Northern Lights quilt.
Incentives: 
This is my FIRST quilt along ever.  It's also my first tutorial.  I like to dive into things apparently.  So, to encourage me... I want you all to join in!  If you're going to join in the quilt along fun, post about your plans on your blog and be sure to include my fabulous new sew along button (below).  
I'll add you to the fishskin fabric quilt along blog roll, on the side on my blog.  Just add a comment here, or email me (Jill(at)fishskinfabric(dot)com) with a link to your post before 4/30 and I'll add you to the blog roll!

Also, anyone that finishes their quilt top before the end of the sew along on 7/31 will be entered in a giveaway for a fabulous CUSTOM 6 Fat Quarter bundle in your colour choice 

Also, make sure you hop over to flickr and join the Northern Lights Sew Along group.  You can post photos there of your fabrics as will as your progress throughout the sew along (and finished projects of course!!)


Week 1 - Supply list & improv basics
Week 2 - Rainbow stripe
Week 3 - Plus and reverse Plus
Week 4 - Wonky stars
Week 5 - Chevrons
Week 6 - "Northern Lights" (wonky stripe piecing)
Week 7 - Putting it together
Week 8 - Showing it off!!!




6 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! Putting this on my "to do" list!! Nothing else to do anyways.. ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to do this quilt. I have been looking to do something for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill I love your spirit. I am in and so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the idea! Add me on as a participant!

    ReplyDelete