Friday, August 12, 2011

Busy Summer Days....




Full of hotel management, organizing, re-organizing and sewing. I've been busy at my sewing table using a fantastic Tula Pink pattern. I was very excited to have it arrive in the mail, and when I opened up the pattern and saw the layout, done with solids, I think I might have squealed a little. About 2 minutes later I was down in the fabric store picking out a large armload of Kona solids (I used curry, mustard, snow, pear (organics), basil, spruce, caribbean and teal)


I love how it's coming together. Have you noticed it's massive?! 90 inches long! I was wanting to quilt it myselt, although that may be a bit too much of a challenge. I'm thinking the back will be peiced with the bits I cut off from HST. I like it a lot though... now to just get through a mountain of paperwork to get back to the sewing table!

I also have a couple of front & backs that need to be put together into quilts and quilted, as well as one laptop bag to get the finishing steps done on - I just want to make the strap adjustable and need to spend some time figuring out the way I want it done. I was also playing with some square in square blocks... each one I did got a little wonkier until they were something else entirely. Still madly in love with the first block and kind of meh about the other 3.


W.I.P. (Works in Progress):
5 - 1 bag, 2 baby quilts to be quilted, 1 zigzag quilt, 1 sq2 blocks

Finish:
none - but heck I'm having a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment