Monday, March 7, 2011

Fabric store makeover :)

After a very heavy pack up, and a dark snowy drive home, my husband and I arrived safely in Houston on Saturday night, at about 10:30pm! That wasn't so bad at all. However, the van of course did NOT get unpacked that night.
Sunday morning (yesterday) I was happily ensconsed in my arm chair (that I'm in right now) surfing my favorite sewing blogs (check them out on the right! -->) while my husband started unpacking the van. Eventually (it took a few loads mind you, of him lugging heavy totes of fabric into the house) I hauled myself out of my chair and helped him unload.
This is the result:



Now, with the fabric room in chaos (as I had dumped out my scrap fabric totes so I had enough containers to go to PG) there was NO WAY I was letting my bolts head back upstairs without the fabric room being cleaned. We have two lovely pets, but Abby is a very friendly (but usually shedding) labrador, and Nomad is a very lovely, but nosey, kitty. So, a solid 4 hours of work later, the room was clean, shelves were assembled, bolts arranged lovingly on the shelves, pre-cuts stylishly displayed and my hubby was out walking the dogger.



No comments:

Post a Comment